Have a Question?
Control deadband tutorial
The dual valve PCD-Series maintains fast, precise closed system pressure control with minimal gas waste. This stable control is primarily due to a well-balanced PD2I algorithm. However, changing ambient conditions can still cause oscillation loops.
Controller deadband creates a ± band of change around the chosen setpoint, minimizing oscillation loops in dual valve control systems. This provides stability in fluctuations systems by limiting the changes a controller will respond to.
The following instructions explain how to set control deadband.
Step-by-step instructions (front panel)
- Press The bottom right hand button on the main screen for the “MENU”.
- Press the top left hand button for the “CONTROL” selection.
- Press the bottom middle button for “CONTROL OPTS” selection.
- Press the bottom middle button for “ADV CONTROL” selection.
- Press the top middle button for “DEAD BAND” selection.
- Use the select digit and the up and down buttons to set your desired range of setpoint deadband.
- Press the bottom right hand button for “SET” Selection.
- Your control deadband setting has been applied to your controller.