Service return checklist
Please carefully follow the shipping instructions below to reduce shipping damage, delays, and the cost of your service order.
- Include the RMA number on the box.
- Please do not send any accessories, connectors, or fittings with your shipment unless they are related to the repair/evaluation. For FP-25 devices, please also send the temperature probe back.
- Do not send back anything which has been exposed to nuclear, biological, or toxic chemical environments. If you have any doubts or concerns that the devices might contain residual contamination, please contact Alicat’s customer service dept. before sending your package.
- Please do not include hard copy POs. Instead, email a soft copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For international shipments:
- Commercial invoices must have a signature, date and title of the signee. Clearly mark all commercial invoices and Air Waybills with the following statement: ‘GOODS OF USA ORIGIN, CERTIFIED TRUE AND CORRECT’
- Clearly select the options on the shipping documents or Air Waybill (AWB) that specify that the shipper (i.e. you) will pay all transportation costs, duties and taxes. Both the ‘shipping costs’ and ‘duties/taxes’ boxes must be checked on your shipping forms.
- All shipments coming back to Alicat for service, need to be sent using the Incoterm ‘DDP’ (Delivery Duty Paid).
- All shipments that get held up in customs due to incorrect documentation will be returned to the sender at the sender’s cost. If Alicat receives a bill from any customs agency these charges will be rebilled to the customer, with service fees added.
- Items being returned to the US for service should be sent under the 9801.10.0000 tariff code and the attached paperwork should be filled out and sent with the shipment. This allows for the items to be processed as a temporary duty free (or minimal duty fees) shipment, as the item has previously been shipped and taxed.