Standardized flow references define the temperature and pressure conditions used to calculate flow readings. This allows flows measured under different conditions to be expressed according to a common standard, keeping readings accurate and comparable.
Changing the standardized conditions (STP/NTP) is easy to do yourself. The tutorial below explains how to configure STP/NTP settings for your Alicat mass flow meter or controller.
This video shows how to change the STP settings using the display, but these settings can also be changed through serial communications.
Step-by-step instructions (front panel)
- Press menu and select basic config.
- Select STP/NTP and, using the up/down buttons, select a category from the displayed list.
- Press change to access the parameters display.
- Use the Select digit and up/down buttons to make your changes and press set.
- You can also change the reference units for temperature or pressure by selecting ref temp units or ref pressure units.