Zero band (deadband) tutorial
Alicat mass flow devices measure flow using differential pressure, making them very sensitive. Because of this, factors such as the air conditioning in the room may lead to small fluctuations in device readings.
If you notice that your device is fluctuating around very low flow rates, you can use the zero band function. This will minimize noise, displaying very small flow readings as zero, but won’t affect the digital or analog outputs.
See below for instructions on changing the zero band settings on an Alicat device.
Step-by-step instructions (front panel)
- Press the bottom right button for “MENU” selection.
- Press the bottom middle button for “ADV SETUP” selection.
- Press the top left button for “SENSOR SETUP” selection.
- Press the top left button for “DISPLAY AS ZERO” selection.
- Use the up, down, and select digit buttons to set your desired zero band.
- Press the bottom left button for “SET” selection.