Ordering and purchasing FAQ
In this article, we provide answers to common questions about the ordering and purchasing process.
There are a few ways to place an order:
- Fill out the quote request form.
- Contact Alicat by phone (+1.888.290.6060), email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or our online chat service. You’ll be connected with an applications engineer who will work with you to ensure that you have a quote for the instruments and accessories you need.
- A representative working in your region or country can help you with a quote. Find the closest regional representative.
Alicat offers FastTrack mass flow meters and controllers with commonly ordered configurations that can be shipped in 10 business days.
Fill out the FastTrack quote request form or call Alicat at 1.888.290.6060 to be connected with an applications engineer who will work with you to configure a device that works for your application and is eligible for FastTrack.
- All major credit cards
- Wire transfer
Yes. To set up billing terms with Alicat, simply ask when placing an order and we will send you this form for setting up your account.
We offer discounts to educational institutions and for orders over 15 units.
Yes, however working with a local Alicat representative is beneficial for numerous reasons.
- Operate in different time zones for continuous support.
- Take a closer look at your application.
- Help you find additional flow components.
- Available at no additional cost.
There are a few special requirements:
- On all international orders, we are required by law to obtain an End User Declaration (EUD). This document includes a few simple questions about the end user and application and must be completed before we can ship orders.
- Beyond filling out a quote, international orders typically involve banking fees and transfers, monetary conversions, local taxes, and shipping through customs. Local Alicat representatives are often the best resource for handling these additional complications. Find out if you have an Alicat representative near you.
- Items being returned for service should be sent under the 9801.10.0000 tariff code and the attached paperwork should be filled out and sent with the shipment. This allows for the items to be processed as a temporary duty free (or minimal duty fees) shipment, as the item has previously been shipped and taxed.
Find the current list of ECCN, Schedule B, and Harmonized Codes here.
Lead times are updated daily, so differences may occur. We are constantly adjusting production schedules based on the factory workload and other factors to ensure that when an order is placed, we provide the most accurate lead time. Please double check your order acknowledgement to ensure that you know the correct lead time for your order. You can also confirm lead time with us when you place your order.
Similar to placing an order for a new device, starting a service order begins by contacting Alicat. Please let us know what problems are occurring and what troubleshooting or repairs have been done already to help speed up the service process. Once we know what service or services you need, from a basic evaluation or recalibration to more in depth reconfiguration or repair, we’ll get you a quote on the service, including current lead time for services.
- The fastest way to get a service order started is by filling out a Service Request Form.
- You can place a service order with an applications engineer by calling +1.888.290.6060.
- You can also contact us about a service order by emailing email@example.com.
Please refer to our Service Return Checklist before sending any devices to Alicat or and certified service center.