Repairs and Recalibrations
Whether it is time for your instrument’s annual recalibration or your instrument needs a repair or upgrade, you can fill out the Service Request Form below, email us (email@example.com), call us (+1.888.290.6060) or start a live chat session to get the service process started.
Services available upon request include:
- Valve Replacement & Tuning
- Firmware Updates
- Special Engineering Requests
When you contact us, please have the following information ready:
- Your contact information (including company/institution, phone, email and address)
- Serial number for each instrument that needs service
- Services requested for each instrument
- If your instrument needs a repair, please describe the conditions under which it failed and any steps you’ve taken to remedy it. We may also ask you to perform some troubleshooting in order to save you the downtime from having to return the instrument to us.
Service Order Process
Once we receive your service request, we’ll set up a Service Order, which is also your RMA number. Here is what happens next:
- Service Order Confirmation. We send you a Service Order Confirmation email and our Service Return Checklist. We’ll also indicate how long our current service lead time is.
- Shipping. You send to Alicat the instruments for which you’ve requested service.
- For most instruments, please do not send any accessories (cables, power supplies, etc.).
- If your instrument has a remote display (RD or TFTRD option in your part number), please include that display in the box.
- If you are getting service for an FP-25 flow calibrator, please include the external temperature probe. Alterantively, you can send us the whole kit in its original hard case.
- Receipt & Inspection. We send you a Service Order Receipt Confirmation email when we receive your package(s) at Alicat. We inspect your instruments to make sure no damage occurred during shipping. If we notice anything, we’ll make sure to take pictures and inform you.
- Lead Time. Your instruments enter our service queue and wait for their evaluations. Our service lead time varies with our current load and the number of orders that are waiting to be seen. Once this lead time is completed for your service order, we will evaluate your instruments.
- Evaluation. We check analog signals, settings, sensor health, display functionality and process connections on your instruments to ensure that it leaves our doors in better condition than when it arrived. If any issues are identified, we will let you know and provide you with a Service Quote if applicable.
- If non-warranty repairs are required, we will wait to obtain your approval of the Service Quote.
- If the repairs are covered under our warranty, we’ll get to work right away.
- Service. All services begin with an address dump to preserve all settings in the event that the firmware needs to be reloaded or updated.
- Repair. If any repairs are needed, these are performed first, unless the problem needing repair is discovered during the course of another service.
- Reconfiguration. We perform any physical reconfigurations and firmware upgrades before recalibration.
- Recalibration. We record as found calibration data before making any adjustments. Then we recalibrate your instruments against our flow, pressure and temperature standards. We print a new calibration certificate that includes both as found and new calibration data.
- Quality Check. We evaluate your instruments again to confirm that all work has been completed and that your instrument is operating in top condition.
- Payment. We will contact you for payment if we don’t already have a PO on file.
- Return Shipping. We ship your instruments back to you according to the shipping method that you requested.
FAQ pages and other helpful resources to answer calibration related questions you may have.
- FAQ: Calibration types
- FAQ: Annual recalibration
- Understanding Alicat calibration and accuracy specifications
- FAQ: How accurate are multi-gas calibrations?
- Why recalibrate your Alicat device annually?