Have a Question?
Batch function tutorial
If you have a controller with the totalizer feature, you have the ability to set a batch fill. This allows you to set a specific total volume and a setpoint at the same time. Whether controlling flow or pressure, the device will hit the setpoint and automatically stop flow once the given total volume is achieved.
The batch function adds versatile batch processing to Alicat’s optional integrated flow totalizer for its gas mass flow controllers and liquid flow controllers. Users may dispense gas or liquid volumes at their desired flow rates by means of independently controlled batch values and flow rate setpoints. One-touch resetting provides easy duplication of batches via the flow controller’s front touch panel. Full batch control and totalizer data are also accessible via RS-232 digital communications.
Step-by-step instructions (front panel)
- First, set your desired batch volume. To do this, press the bottom left button, labeled “BATCH”, on the front panel display.
- Once in the batch function, enter your desired batch volume by using the top right button, labeled “SELECT DIGIT”, to select different digits of the batch volume and the top left and middle buttons, labeled “UP” and “DOWN” respectively, to increase or decrease the batch volume.
- To confirm your desired batch volume, press the “SET” button, located on the bottom right of the display panel.
- Next, set your desired flowrate using the setpoint function by pressing the top middle button on the front panel display, labeled “SETPT”.
- Once in the setpoint function, enter your desired flowrate by using the top right button, labeled “SELECT DIGIT”, to select different digits of the flowrate and the top left and middle buttons, labeled “UP” and “DOWN” respectively, to increase or decrease the flowrate.
- To confirm your desired flowrate, press the “SET” button, located on the bottom right of the display panel.
- The batch will then begin with the fluid dispensing at your desired flowrate and to your desired volume. Flow will stop as soon at the batch is completed.
- To start your next batch using the same parameters, simply press the reset button, which is the bottom middle button on the front panel display.