While a meter measures the rate of flow at any given moment, a mass flow totalizer measures the total accumulated mass of a particular gas (or gas mixture) that has been flowed in a process. The totalizer function can also be used with a mass flow controller to dispense batches of set amounts of gas.
See below for instructions on how to use the totalizer for controllers and meters.
Video tutorial (controller)
Step-by-step instructions (front panel)
- Press the bottom right button for “TOTAL” selection.
- If desired, press the top right button to toggle the largest displayed value between totalized flow and time.
- If desired, press the bottom middle button to “RESET” the totalizer.
- Press the bottom left button for “BATCH” selection.
- Use the up, down, and select digit buttons to set your desired batch size.
- Press the bottom right button for “SET” selection.
Note: The batch will begin immediately with a non-zero setpoint.