Have a Question?
Alicat Totalizer Tutorial: Laminar DP Instruments
While a meter measures the rate of flow at any given moment, a mass flow totalizer measures the total accumulated mass of a particular gas (or gas mixture) that has been flowed in a process. The totalizer function can also be used with a mass flow controller to dispense batches of set amounts of gas.
To use the totalizer on controllers and meters with displays, see below for instructions.
Select: MENU > SETUP > Sensor > Totalizer > Totalizer 1 or Totalizer 2
- M AVG or V AVG shows totalizer averaging, which displays average flow rate since last reset, updated live.
- SLPM (or another measurement of mass flow) displays the live flow rate. Press to change engineering units.
- SETPT displays the current setpoint on controllers. Press to set or clear a setpoint.
- PEAK displays the peak flow rate since the last totalizer reset.
- BATCH selects the quantity to be dispensed in each batch. -NONE- appears if the batch mode is off. Only available on controllers.
- RESET clears all totalized data and immediately resets the timer to 0. Starts a new batch immediately, if the controller has a non-zero setpoint.
- MENU enters the main menu.
- NEXT moves to the second totalizer (if enabled)
See the manual to enable and configure further settings.