- Careers at Alicat
- Administrative & Logistic Specialist
Administrative & Logistic Specialist
Join our team in the European office of Alicat Scientific B.V. in Duiven (NL)!
Alicat Scientific manufactures high-quality custom mass flow and pressure meters and controllers for gas and liquid applications. Our small diverse team responsible for serving the European market is looking for an Application Engineer to support our customers throughout Europe.
Are you interested in working in a fast-paced and technical environment with companies focused on solving the world’s largest problems, such as renewable energy, biotech & clean air? Then read on …
What will you be doing?
After an extensive training program about our company, technology, products, and applications in which our instruments are being used, you will work with a diverse set of customers to support them with flow and pressure measurement and control solutions for their applications.
Speed is important to us. That counts for our instruments as well as for our customer support. You will have daily interactions with universities, research institutions, R&D-centers, and (production) engineering departments active in a diverse set of fields and industries, such as aerospace, bioscience, chemical, food & beverage, hydrogen & coating.
An impression of a day at work:
- Check incoming e-mails from customers with questions or purchase orders to be entered into our system.
- Processing incoming sales orders and ensuring that the orders are handled fast and accurately within the European and global supply chain.
- Communication with customers and distributors by phone and e-mail to help them with their logistical or payment questions. Logistical questions including order shipping date/shipping delay.
- Preparing and coordinating shipping arrangements of packages from and to our customers.
- Optimizing non-product-related inventory levels to meet supply chain needs efficiently and cost-effectively.
- Manage company invoices and keep financial records to support supply chain transactions.
- Regularly discussing with your colleagues about logistic or administrative issues and completing the necessary tasks to solve them.
- Having a stand-up meeting with the whole European team to discuss wins & learnings of the last week.
Is this the right role for you?
Our administrative and logistic specialists are key in our ambition to be fast in supporting our customers, above market standards. As an administrative and logistic specialist at Alicat Scientific, you ensure that every device we sell is manufactured, shipped, and billed to the exact needs of each customer.
However, the role is more than processing orders. It’s helping exceptional scientists, researchers, and engineers all over Europe to progress with great technical customer and logistical support. We need a curious mind with a passion for details and a bias to action.
What we are looking for is:
- MBO diploma level or a Bachelor’s degree (higher education is also welcome)
- Strong interest in science and engineering
- Strong written and verbal English skills are required (at least C1-level)
- Fluency in one other European language; German or French is a strong plus, and Spanish or Italian is a plus
- Administrative experience, technical background, and bilingual proficiency are preferred
- Experience in logistics is preferred
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills
- Quick learner with good retention abilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to work independently and collaborate effectively within a team
What do we offer?
- A 24-32 hours per week position
- A competitive salary with benefits, such as a pension plan and company bonus
- Intensive on-the-job training, including a 2-weeks stay at our headquarters in the US
- Ample opportunities for personal development and growth based on a personal development plan, focused on your growth and needs to bring you to the next level
- 25 vacation days per year (full-time employment)
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to partially work from home
- A focus on getting things done, not on controlling people
- Regular team-building activities
About Alicat Scientific
Alicat Scientific has been manufacturing and servicing high-quality mass flow and pressure devices since 1991. Each instrument is a custom-made building block that might be employed in support of space rockets, hydrogen fuel cells, medical oxygen delivery systems or anywhere precision gas instruments can advance science and industry.
We do not believe in hierarchy, prefer principles over rules, and believe that if you make an impact, people will notice. Our informal environment celebrates differences, whether those differences are as big as our diverse backgrounds or as small as our opinions of movies. We are also proud to welcome all gender identities, races, religions, sexual orientations, ages, and anything else that’s important to who you are. Our small “Team Europe” is also diverse, consisting of various nationalities and backgrounds.
How to apply?
To apply, please email your resume and motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In case you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call Mrs. Jingwen Liu (Manager of Application Engineering – Europe) at +31 (0) 262031651.