Fast and accurate liquid flow control
The LC-series liquid flow controller uses Alicat’s patented laminar flow design to provide users with fast, accurate, and stable volumetric flow control for water or selected other liquids (see Quick Specs below). At the heart of Alicat’s LC-Series liquid flow controllers is an internally compensated, laminar differential pressure measurement technology that yields linear results over a wide flow range.
Brochure Specs Manual
Making You Faster
- 100-ms speed of response stills upstream fluctuations.
- Simultaneous display of volumetric flow rate and line temperature.
- Accessible PID valve tuning for best speed and stability.
- Custom valve orifice sizing yields full-range stability.
- Easy to access front bleed ports for easy removal of trapped air.
- Optional 100-psig sensor provides real-time readings of line pressure.
- No warm-up: ready to control process flows in one second.
- Numerous user-selectable engineering units.
Questions about liquid flow controllers?
LC Standard Flow Series
- Alicat LC-Series Part Numbers
Control liquid flows down to 0.1 ccm with the fastest control response time available in a liquid flow controller (100 ms). Custom orifice sizing enables us to tailor-select a valve to satisfy your application and performance requirements.
LCR High-Flow Series
- Alicat LCR-Series Part Numbers
Maintain speed and accuracy at higher flows (1-5 lpm). Alicat is the world’s only manufacturer of near-frictionless rolamite valves for precise control of high-rate gas flows. Proprietary orifice patterns enable us to customize a rolamite to satisfy your application and performance requirements.
Common Instrument Options
- In-line pressure sensor, provides simultaneous real-time readings of line pressure (up to 100 psig) in addition to flow and temperature readings.
- Precision Dispensing Package, relies on our fast valves to dispense metered amounts of fluid. Includes totalizer with display of elapsed time.
- 9-pin or 15-pin D-sub connectors, configured to match any existing pinout.
- Modbus-RTU, available over RS-232 or RS-485. PROFIBUS also available.
- Backlit color display, shines in low lighting environments.
View other available instrument options here.
MC/MCR Gas Mass Flow Series
Control responsively and stably with the fastest gas mass flow controller in the world. Available in ranges 0-3000 slpm.
- Accuracy (NIST-traceable): +/- 2% of the full-scale range
- Typical control response time constant: 100 ms
- Default liquid calibration: water
- Alternate liquid calibrations (must be requested at time of order): methanol, iso-propanol, ethanol, ammonia, dimethylether, iso-pentane, thiophene, iso-octane, heptane
- Liquid calibrations that require the pressure sensor option (must be requested at time of order): liquid propane, liquid butane
- Available ranges: any full-scale range from 0-5 ccm to 0-5 lpm
- Standard linear range: 2-100% of full scale, 50:1 turndown
- Maximum line pressure: 150 psig
- Pressure drop: 4-10 psi at full scale, depending upon flow range
- Standard communications: RS-232 digital and 0-5 volt analog
- Optional analog communications: 1-5v, 0-10v, 4-20 mA; secondary outputs also available
- Optional communications protocols: RS-485, Modbus RTU (over RS-232 or RS-485), PROFIBUS
- Standard connector: 8-pin mini-DIN
- Optional connector: 9-pin or 15-pin D-sub connectors, configured to match any existing pinout
- Simultaneous real-time readings of setpoint, volumetric flow and temperature (pressure optional)
- Standard display: 2.1″ monochrome LCD digital display with touch pad interface
- Optional 2.1″ backlit color TFT digital display with touch pad interface
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Meter unaffected by bumps or changes in orientation
Ask Alicat: How do you dispense fluids in batches?
Alicat’s Precision Dispensing Package combines our optional integrated flow totalizer with fast valve control for batch processing on our flow controllers for gases and liquids. This video shows how easy it is to use, right from the touch panel display.
In the Box
- Liquid flow controller (power supply sold separately)
- NIST-traceable calibration certificate
- Alicat operating manual