MC–Series: Gas Mass Flow Controllers
MC-Series Gas Mass Flow Controllers rapidly reach setpoints and maintain stable control of mass flow, volumetric flow, or pressure for 98+ gases across a very wide flow range – 0.01% to 100% of full scale. Highly customizable for easy integration.
FastTrack 5 day shipping options
FastTrack products ship within 5 business days. Eligible products include:
- Range: 2 SCCM to 100 SLPM
- Valves: Standard options only. Please check with an Applications Engineer to determine if you need a specialized valve.
- Calibration: Standard or high accuracy
- Display options: Backlit monochrome or color; no display
- Communication protocols: Analog, RS–232, RS–485, Modbus RTU
- Electrical connectors: MD8, locking industrial, DB9M, DB15
- Fittings: NPT
Select configurations available to purchase online
- Ranges: 0.5 SCCM to 5,000 SLPM
- Display: Monochrome
- Communication protocol: Analog, RS-232, RS-485, or Modbus RTU
- Electrical connector: 8-pin mini DIN, DB9, DB15, or M12
- Fittings: NPT
Specs, features, and customization options
Standard specs (most products)
- Steady state control range: 0.01% – 100% of full scale
- NIST-traceable calibration
- Standard accuracy: ±0.6% of reading or ±0.1% of full scale, whichever is greater
- High-accuracy: ±0.5% of reading or ±0.1% of full scale, whichever is greater
- Repeatability: ±(0.1% of reading + 0.02% of full scale)
- Typical control response time: as fast as 30 ms
- Warm-up time: <1 s
- Operating temperature: –10°C to +60°C
- Full scale operating pressure: 160 PSIA (11 barA)
- 0.5 SCCM full scale to 5 SCCM full scale ranges
- 10 SCCM full scale to 20 SLPM full scale ranges
- 50 SLPM full scale to 5,000 SLPM full scale ranges
Alternative model options
- MCQ-Series | High operating pressures (320 PSIA)
- MCW-Series | Low pressure drops (0.07 PSID)
- MCS-Series | Corrosive gases (128+ gases, including 32 corrosives)
Build & communication options
- Communication protocols: Analog, RS–232, RS–485, DeviceNet, EtherCAT, EtherNet/IP, Modbus RTU or TCP/IP, PROFIBUS, PROFINET
- Display: Backlit monochrome or color; integrated or panel–mount
- Process connections: NPT, SAE, AN, BSPP/G, compression, VCR, or VCO fittings
- Elastomers: Viton, FFKM, EPDM, Silicone
Valve options & PID tuning
Your mass flow controller may be customized with one of the following valving options to ensure optimal performance under your expected process conditions. Additionally, custom PID valve tuning ensures maximum performance for your specific process conditions.
- MC: small proportional control valve for flow ranges of 20 SLPM and below
- MC with PCA designation: high-performance proportional control valve used for some applications with higher pressures
- MCP: small proportional control valve with the largest orifice (not available for corrosive configurations)
- MCH: hammerhead configuration, which pairs two small valves working side-by-side as one valve
- MCR: nearly frictionless large Rolamite proportional valve for flow rates of 50 SLPM and above
- MCT: easily switch flow control between two different flow paths
Included with each device
- Multi-variable process measurements: Simultaneously measure mass flow, volumetric flow, gas pressure, and gas temperature.
- User changeable units of measurement: Change the unit of measurement for pressure, flow, or temperature from our extensive list of engineering units.
- Gas Select: Select your process gas from any of the 98+ preloaded NIST-traceable gas calibrations in our gas list.
- Composer™: Define 20 custom gas mixtures of up to 5 constituent gases using our Composer™ firmware.
- Monochrome backlit LCD with integrated touchpad: Easily read measurements using the backlit display and control configurations with the user-friendly integrated touchpad.
- User adjustable setpoint ramping & limits: Configurable ramp rates allow the process variable to be controlled as fast or as slow as desired, and configurable setpoint limits protect processes from inadvertent setpoint changes.
- User adjustable standard temperature and pressure (STP) conditions: Quickly change reference conditions without need for recalibration.
- Valve close override and valve open override: Utilize alarms to quickly vent your system or stop all flow as needed.
Request at time of purchase | Free
- Integrated totalizers & batch control: Totalize mass flow every 1 ms for precise tracking of total flow over time and use batch control to dispense precise volumes.
Request at time of purchase | Additional cost
- Integrated potentiometer control: Use the integrated potentiometer to adjust setpoints with the simple turn of a knob.
Included with purchase
- FlowVision software (free download)
- Process port fittings and filters
- Power supplies
- Communications cables and conversion cables
- BB3 and BB9 multi-drop breakout boxes
Our expert team of applications engineers is available to provide additional information, discuss your application, or answer any questions you may have.
Ask a question