How do scientific questions get answered? How do new things get built? They always require people with a love of science or engineering who use building blocks to discover and create. Alicat Scientific has been manufacturing and servicing high-quality mass flow and pressure devices since 1991, and we have grown every year for over 20 years. Each instrument is a custom-made building block that might be employed in support of space rockets, hydrogen fuel cells, medical oxygen delivery systems, environmental monitoring stations… or anywhere precision gas instruments can advance science and industry.
At Alicat, speed is embedded throughout our organization, including the instrument’s speed of response, our speed of product development, and our speed of customer support. We don’t believe in hierarchy or power by title, prefer principles over rules, and believe if you make an impact, people will notice. Our informal environment celebrates differences, whether those differences are as big as our diverse backgrounds or as small as our opinions of movies.
Who you are
Are you the kind of person who fixes the toaster when it breaks, works on cars to squeeze every bit of efficiency out of the engine, or builds up a superior computer system to rule all others? If so, we want you to join our production team!
What you will be doing
- Craft unique devices from raw materials: metal, PCBs, sensors, elastomers, and valves.
- Have a say in work order guides and operating procedures, working with the engineers.
- Continuously develop electromechanical skills: communication protocols, soldering, etc.
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, Internet navigation, etc.)
- A can-do attitude and desire to tackle problems as a team.
We will train you on various procedures throughout the manufacturing process, both to develop a flexible team with an array of expertise and to give you the opportunity to acquire experience in a technological field.
- Starting pay: $16.25 per hour
- Job type: Full-time
- Hours: Day shift (7am to 3pm) or night shift (3pm to 11pm)
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- 9 days PTO to start, which increases annually
- 401K with company matching up to 5%
- 14 weeks paid maternity/paternity leave
How to apply
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.