Alicat Scientific has been manufacturing and servicing high-quality mass flow and pressure devices since 1991, growing every year for the past 25 years. Each instrument is a custom-made building block that might be employed in support of space rockets, hydrogen fuel cells, medical oxygen delivery systems, environmental monitoring stations… or anywhere precision gas instruments can advance science and industry. We are headquartered in Tucson, AZ, with satellite locations in Europe, India and China.
Creativity and speed are the core of our organization. We pride ourselves on our instrument’s speed of response, our speed of product development, and our speed of customer support. Alicat recruits only the most motivated and inventive persons to help build our tailor-made, versatile technology. We don’t believe in hierarchy or power by title, prefer principles over rules, and believe if you make an impact people will notice.
The Operations department is a faced-paced environment that manufactures hundreds of combinations of products every day. Alicat sets ourselves apart from other manufacturing companies through our adaptability and determination to push the boundaries of what is possible. Our fast line products are machined, assembled and shipped in one-to-three days. Our custom products, whether it’s a one-time order or large-scale project with a completely new design, follow quickly. Custom designs are drafted and details are discussed with our customers before other manufacturers have even responded to their initial inquiry.
The role of Manufacturing Engineer will be to continuously improve the efficiencies and capabilities of the Production team. These improvements should allow the team to focus on product details that ensure top quality for our customers, enable more time for the team’s technical development, and increase product flow to support business growth.
What this could look like:
- Influencing groups to make changes to current established processes
- Designing and implementing fixtures and/or automation to improve steps in production
- Analyzing and streamlining process flow through all areas of production and reducing waste steps
- Working with Engineering and the Machine Shop on design for manufacturing for new parts and BOMs, and creating processes for final product assembly with the Technical Document Writer
- Conducting root cause analysis for any issues and developing countermeasures, be that with purchasing, inventory or personnel training, etc.
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing, Industrial, or Mechanical Engineering, plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
- Team player who thrives in collaborative environments and revels in the team success
- Hands on approach to problem solving
- Passion for improving processes and the efficient operation of those around you
- Detail oriented while still being agile
- Curiosity and creativity in solving challenges
- High mechanical aptitude and experience creating designs in SolidWorks CAD software
- Excellent written and communication skills
What we offer:
A rewarding career where your level of impact is only limited by your ambition. There is no “red tape” to get in the way of you and others in the company making a difference. In addition to a competitive salary, you will enjoy exceptional healthcare, retirement 401k with up to a 5% employer match, bi-annual bonuses, and other work/life benefits. We offer parental leave (including paternal) of 14 weeks fully paid, flexible work schedules, and educational assistance.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.