Whisper™ MCW–Series: Low Pressure Drop Gas Mass Flow Controllers
Whisper™ MCW–Series Low Pressure Drop Mass Flow Controllers rapidly reach setpoints and maintain stable control of mass flow, volumetric flow, or pressure when there is little available system pressure, with pressure drops as low as 0.07 PSID.
Whisper devices are built for processes with little available inlet pressure or a large amount of back pressure. These devices have a larger flow body and uniquely arranged laminar flow elements, resulting in pressure drops up to 10x lower than standard devices. Whisper instruments also utilize a much more sensitive pressure sensor package to take full advantage of the lower pressure readings.
Request a quote
FastTrack 5 day shipping options
FastTrack products are built to order and shipped within 5 business days. Eligible products include:
- Range: 2 SCCM to 2 SLPM
- Valves: Standard valve only. Please check with an Applications Engineer to determine if you need a specialized valve.
- Calibration: Standard or high accuracy
- Display options: Backlit monochrome or color; no display
- Communication protocols: Analog, RS–232, RS–485, Modbus RTU
- Electrical connectors: MD8, locking industrial, DB9M, DB15
- Fittings: NPT
Device specs and customization options
Whisper™ MCW-Series performance (most products)
- Available full scale ranges: 0.5 SCCM to 1000 SLPM
- Steady state control range: 0.5% – 100% of full scale
- Standard accuracy calibration, NIST-traceable: ±0.75% of reading or ±0.1% of full scale, whichever is greater
- Optional high-accuracy calibration, NIST-traceable: ±0.6% of reading or ±0.1% of full scale, whichever is greater
- Repeatability: ±(0.2% of reading + 0.02% of full scale)
- Typical control response time: as low as 30 ms
- Warm-up time: <1 s
Whisper™ MCW-Series operating conditions
- Compatible gases: 98 pre–loaded selectable gas calibrations; additional mixtures definable with COMPOSER™
- Operating temperature: –10°C to +60°C
- Full scale operating pressure: 60 PSIA
- Full scale pressure drop (range dependent): as low as 0.07 PSID
- Max differential pressure: 15 PSID
- Proof pressure: 80 PSIA
- User selectable reference conditions (defaults): 25°C & 1 ATM (STP) and 0°C & 1 ATM (NTP)
Device Ranges & Full Specs
Devices are custom ranged from 0.5 SCCM full scale to 1,000 SLPM full scale with controllable ranges of 0.5% to 100% of full scale.
For a comprehensive device guide, read the mass flow controller operating manual.
Included with each device
- Multi-variable process measurements: Simultaneously measure mass flow, volumetric flow, gas pressure, and gas temperature.
- User changeable units of measurement: Change the unit of measurement for pressure, flow, or temperature from our extensive list of engineering units.
- Gas selectability: Select your process gas from any of the 98+ preloaded NIST-traceable gas calibrations in our gas list.
- Gas Select COMPOSER™: Define 20 custom gas mixtures of up to 5 constituent gases using our Gas Select Composer™ firmware.
- Monochrome backlit LCD with integrated touchpad: Easily read measurements using the backlit display and control configurations with the user-friendly integrated touchpad.
- User adjustable setpoint ramping & limits: Configurable ramp rates allow the process variable to be controlled as fast or as slow as desired, and configurable setpoint limits protect processes from inadvertent setpoint changes.
- User adjustable standard temperature and pressure (STP) conditions: Quickly change reference conditions without need for recalibration.
- Valve close override and valve open override: Utilize alarms to quickly vent your system or stop all flow as needed.
Request at time of purchase | Free
- Optional integrated totalizers & batch control: Totalize mass flow every 1 ms for precise tracking of total flow over time and use batch control to dispense precise volumes.
Request at time of purchase | Additional cost
- Optional integrated potentiometer control: Use the integrated potentiometer to adjust setpoints with the simple turn of a knob.
Device Customization Options
Build and performance options
- Communication protocols: Analog, RS–232, RS–485, DeviceNet, EtherCAT, EtherNet/IP, Modbus RTU or TCP/IP, PROFIBUS, PROFINET
- Displays: Backlit monochrome or color; integrated or panel–mount
- Process connections: NPT, SAE, AN, BSPP/G, compression, VCR, or VCO fittings
- Elastomers: Viton, FFKM, EPDM, Silicone
- Calibration: High-accuracy; custom calibration points
Valve options & PID tuning
Your mass flow controller may be customized with one of the following valving options to ensure optimal performance under your expected process conditions.
- MCW: small proportional control valve for flow ranges of 2 SLPM and below
- MCPW: small proportional control valve with the largest orifice (not available for corrosive configurations)
- MCHW: hammerhead configuration, which pairs two small valves working side-by-side as one valve
- MCRW: nearly frictionless large Rolamite proportional valve for flow rates of 5 SLPM and above
Custom PID valve tuning ensures maximum performance for your specific process conditions.
Included with purchase
- Process port fittings and filters
- Power supplies
- Communications cables and conversion cables
- BB3 and BB9 multi-drop breakout boxes
Not exactly what you’re looking for?
Contact an applications engineer