MCD–Series: Bidirectional Gas Mass Flow Controllers
MCD-Series Bidirectional Gas Mass Flow Controllers can control mass flow, volumetric flow, or gas pressure in both directions while simultaneously measuring flow, pressure, and temperature.
- Versatile & accurate. Real-time control of flow or pressure in both directions with NIST-traceable accuracy to ±0.5% of reading or ±0.1% of full scale for 98+ gases and 20 custom-defined mixtures.
- Fast control, multivariate data. Millisecond-response times immediately upon powering up, to control either mass flow, volumetric flow, or pressure and display instantaneous flow, pressure, and temperature readings, in your choice of engineering units.
- Easy integration. Custom process ports and electrical connectors, and your choice of EtherNet/IP, EtherCAT, DeviceNet, Profibus, PROFINET, Modbus (RTU and TCP/IP), or serial communications for easy integration into your industrial process.
Request a quote
Accessories included with purchase
Device specs and customization options
MCD-Series standard specs
- Full scale ranges: 0.5 SCCM to 3000 SLPM (Devices are custom-ranged)
- Control range: 0.01% to 100% of full scale
- Accuracy: ±0.6% of reading or ±0.1% of full scale, whichever is greater
- Optional high-accuracy: ±0.5% of reading or ±0.1% of full scale, whichever is greater
- Repeatability: ±(0.1% of reading + 0.02% of full scale)
- Response time: as fast as 30 ms
- Warm–up time: <1 s
- Operating temperature: –10°C to +60°C
- Full scale operating pressure: 160 PSIA
For a comprehensive device guide, read the mass flow controller operating manual.
Included with each device
- Multi-variable process measurements: Simultaneously measure mass flow, volumetric flow, gas pressure, and gas temperature.
- User changeable units of measurement: Change the unit of measurement for pressure, flow, or temperature from our extensive list of engineering units.
- Gas Select: Select your process gas from any of the 98+ preloaded NIST-traceable gas calibrations in our gas list.
- Composer™: Define 20 custom gas mixtures of up to 5 constituent gases using our Composer™ firmware.
- Monochrome backlit LCD with integrated touchpad: Easily read measurements using the backlit display and control configurations with the user-friendly integrated touchpad.
- User adjustable setpoint ramping & limits: Configurable ramp rates allow the process variable to be controlled as fast or as slow as desired, and configurable setpoint limits protect processes from inadvertent setpoint changes.
- User adjustable standard temperature and pressure (STP) conditions: Quickly change reference conditions without need for recalibration.
- Valve close override and valve open override: Utilize alarms to quickly vent your system or stop all flow as needed.
Request at time of purchase | Free
- Optional integrated totalizers & batch control: Totalize mass flow every 1 ms for precise tracking of total flow over time and use batch control to dispense precise volumes.
Request at time of purchase | Additional cost
- Optional integrated potentiometer control: Use the integrated potentiometer to adjust setpoints with the simple turn of a knob.
Device Customization Options
Build and performance options
- Communication protocols: Analog, RS–232, RS–485, DeviceNet, EtherCAT, EtherNet/IP, Modbus RTU or TCP/IP, PROFIBUS, PROFINET
- Displays: Backlit monochrome or color; integrated or panel–mount
- Process connections: NPT, SAE, AN, BSPP/G, compression, VCR, or VCO fittings
- Elastomers: Viton, FFKM, EPDM, Silicone
- Calibration: High-accuracy; custom calibration points
Valve options & PID tuning
Your mass flow controller may be customized with one of the following valving options to ensure optimal performance under your expected process conditions.
- MCD: small proportional control valve for flow ranges of 20 SLPM and below
- MCD with PCA designation: high-performance proportional control valve used for some applications with higher pressures
- MCPD: small proportional control valve with the largest orifice (not available for corrosive configurations)
- MCRD: nearly frictionless large Rolamite proportional valve for flow rates of 50 SLPM and above
Custom PID valve tuning ensures maximum performance for your specific process conditions.
Accessories | Sold separately
- Process port fittings and filters
- Power supplies
- Communications cables and conversion cables
- BB3 and BB9 multi-drop breakout boxes
Not exactly what you’re looking for?
- Explore multidirectional controllers for low pressure drop and anti-corrosives.
- Check out our other flow or pressure control and measurement solutions.
- Our expert team of applications engineers is available to provide additional information, discuss your application, or answer any questions you may have.
Contact an applications engineer