Portable Flow Meters
Laboratory-grade flow verification in 20 seconds!
Stopping an operational process for validation or calibration is a necessary evil. Alicat’s portable flow calibrators make this procedure more palatable by reducing the downtime and disruption to your process. Get in. Validate. Get out.
Nothing is faster! Calibrate in real time with multiple gases across wide flow ranges. Our portable mass flow meters are the fastest way to verify flow rates in the world. They employ our patented differential pressure-based flow measurement technology, which is powered by a high-efficiency lithium-ion battery that yields 18 hours of continuous operation for monochrome displays (5 hours with backlit color displays).
Making You Faster
- 5-ms speed of response.
- No warm-up required: ready to calibrate in one second.
- Stand-alone unit: no need for computer or external power.
- All flow data visible on one screen (mass flow, volumetric flow, absolute pressure, temperature).
- Battery status indicator never leaves you without power.
- Digital and analog outputs.
MB Standard Series
Calibrate on the go with the fastest flow verifier in the world.
MWB Low Pressure Drop Series
Minimize system impact with pressure drops as low as 4 mbar at full-scale flows. Alicat “Whisper” Series meters also respond faster in leak testing applications. Max range: 0-500 slpm. Click here for more information about the Whisper Series.
MBS Anti-Corrosive Series
Withstand corrosion caused by aggressive gases with durable 316L stainless steel. All ranges available. Click here for more information about our Anti-Corrosive Series.
Common Instrument Options
- High-accuracy calibration, permits use of the calibrator as a secondary transfer standard.
- Bidirectional flow calibration, enables full-scale readings in both flow directions.
- Integrated flow totalizer, provides cumulative readings of total quantity flowed over time.
- Backlit color display, shines in low lighting with 5 hours of continuous operation on a single charge.
LB Liquid Flow Series
Verify liquid processes with the fastest response time available in a liquid flow meter (20 ms). Available in ranges to 0-10 lpm. Click here for more information about our Liquid Flow Series.
- Available ranges: any full-scale range from 0-0.5 sccm to 0-4000 slpm
- Linear range: 0.5-100% of full scale, 200:1 turndown (MB and MWB) or 1-100% of full scale, 100:1 turndown (MBS).
- Accuracy (NIST-traceable): +/- (0.8% of the reading + 0.2% of the full-scale range)
- Optional high-accuracy calibration of +/- (0.4% of the reading + 0.2% of the full-scale range)
- Pressure drop: 1-9 psi at full scale (MB and MBS) or 0.06-0.69 psi at full scale (MWB), depending upon flow range
- Multi-gas calibration: 30 gases preloaded, custom gases and mixes available.
- Display: 2.1″ monochrome LCD digital display with touch pad interface
- Optional 2.1″ backlit color TFT digital display with touch pad interface
- Battery: rechargeable Li-ion (1880 mAh).
- Charging options: any USB power source via included cable and AC adapter; 8-pin mini-DIN.
- Maximum inlet pressure: 145 psig (MB and MBS) or 50 psig (MWB)
- Lifetime warranty: unaffected by bumps, humidity or changes in orientation.
Standard Gas List for Alicat Mass Flow Meters and ControllersAll Alicat Scientific mass flow meters and mass flow controllers come standard with the following gas properties data, yielding 30 true gas calibration curves. Users may switch between selected gases on the fly without any need for recalibration of the mass flow meter or controller.
|Air||Ne - Neon||C-25 - 75% Ar + 25% CO2|
|Ar - Argon||O2 - Oxygen||C-10 - 90% Ar + 10% CO2|
|CH4 - Methane||C3H8 - Propane||C-8 - 92% Ar + 8% CO2|
|CO - Carbon Monoxide||n-C4H10 - normal-Butane||C-2 - 98% Ar + 2% CO2|
|CO2 - Carbon Dioxide||C2H2 - Acetylene||C-75 - 75% CO2 + 25% Ar|
|C2H6 - Ethane||C2H4 - Ethylene||A-75 - 75% Ar + 25% He|
|H2 - Hydrogen||i-C4H10 - iso-Butane||A-25 - 75% He + 25% Ar|
|He - Helium||Kr - Krypton||A1025 - 90% He + 7.5% Ar + 2.5% CO2 (Helistar A1025)|
|N2 - Nitrogen||Xe - Xenon||Star29 - 90% Ar + 8% CO2 + 2% O2 (Stargon CS)|
|N2O - Nitrous Oxide||SF6 - Sulfur Hexafluoride||P-5 - 95% Ar + 5% CH4|
Custom gas mixes with up to 4 of the listed gases can be created. Please contact Alicat to inquire about custom gas mixtures.
- Portable flow calibrator (fully charged)
- Micro USB power adapter and cable
- NIST-traceable calibration certificate
- Alicat operating manual
The following table lists base part numbers and US base prices for Alicat portable flow calibrators. Actual part numbers may vary based on selected options, some of which may also increase the price of the unit. Please call 520-290-6060 or email us to speak with an Alicat sales engineer about available customizations.
Jump to MWB “Whisper” Series pricing.
Jump to MBS Anti-Corrosive Series pricing.
Alicat MB-Series Portable Flow Calibrators
|0.5 sccm to 1.0 sccm||$1,750.00||$1,900.00|
|2 sccm to 5 sccm||$1,600.00||$1,750.00|
|10 sccm to 50 sccm||$1,250.00||$1,400.00|
|100 sccm to 2 slpm||$1,150.00||$1,300.00|
|10 slpm to 20 slpm||$1,250.00||$1,400.00|
|50 slpm to 100 slpm||$1,350.00||$1,500.00|
*4000-slpm calibrators require a minimum inlet pressure of 60 psig.
Alicat MWB-Series Portable Flow Calibrators
|0.5 sccm to 1 sccm||$2,050.00||$2,200.00|
|2 sccm to 5 sccm||$1,900.00||$2,050.00|
|10 sccm to 50 sccm||$1,550.00||$1,700.00|
|100 sccm to 2 slpm||$1,450.00||$1,600.00|
|10 slpm to 20 slpm||$1,550.00||$1,700.00|
Alicat MBS-Series Portable Flow Calibrators
|0.5 sccm to 1.0 sccm||$2,200.00||$2,350.00|
|2 sccm to 5 sccm||$2,000.00||$2,150.00|
|10 sccm to 50 sccm||$1,700.00||$1,850.00|
|100 sccm to 5 slpm||$1,650.00||$1,800.00|
|10 slpm to 20 slpm||$1,700.00||$1,850.00|
|50 slpm to 100 slpm||$1,800.00||$1,950.00|
*4000-slpm calibrators require a minimum inlet pressure of 60 psig.
In-House Flow Verification for a Gas Chromatograph
Verify the proper operation of flowing processes in real time. Simultaneous flow and pressure readings improve validation efficiency. Accurate, and repeatable measurements exceed the reporting standards of external auditors.
Calibration of an Air Sampling Canister
Rapidly calibrate across multiple ranges and gases without carrying a computer. NIST-traceable high-accuracy calibration makes your portable a transfer standard. “Whisper” low pressure drop enables non-intrusive volumetric flow calibration.
Ask Alicat: What is the fastest way to validate flow rates?
Alicat Scientific’s rechargeable mass flow meters deliver laboratory-class accuracy in a handheld instrument that lasts 18 hours on a single charge.
Ask Alicat: How tough is an Alicat flow meter? (Drop Test)
We drop an Alicat portable mass flow meter onto unforgiving concrete from increasing heights to test the toughness of this product. After each drop, we compare its measurement to the pre-test baseline.
Ask Alicat: What Is Pressure Drop?
Pressure drop is the amount of line pressure that is permanently lost as gas passes through an instrument in a gas line. Alicat Scientific demonstrates the importance of pressure drop for gas flow processes and shows how you can greatly reduce pressure drop by using its Whisper Series of mass flow instruments.