Portable Flow Meters
A full featured mass flow meter that fits in your pocket
Powered by a single 9VDC battery, Alicat’s MB series mass flow meter is the perfect instrument for verifying flow rates in places that are off the beaten path.
Instead of spending your time finding (or hard wiring) a power source, you can utilize our portable meter with gas selection and multiple parameter measurement features to:
- Verify proper operation of equipment, including other manufacturer’s mass flow meters and mass flow controllers.
- Maintain proper equipment settings as components within the system wear down.
- Search for leaks in the system utilizing the pressure reading or the flow reading.
- Install equipment and perform initial tuning and adjustments in the field.
- Perform periodic system checks for quality control and verification.
- A common 9Vdc battery powers one of Alicat’s M Series mass flow meters for 8 – 10 hours! A low battery warning indicator alerts users to replace the battery. (MB units only)
- The MB series device displays mass flow & volumetric flow along with process temperature and pressure for 30 field selectable gases allowing the device to be used in a variety of applications and under a variety of conditions.
- The MB series device can also be powered with an optional AC/DC plug-in adapter allowing it to be used a backup device of to be hardwired into the a process relying on the 9VDC power source as backup power.
- Low battery power warning indicator
- Auto switch between 9VDC and hard power when hard power is present.
- Add Alicat’s Industrial Carrying Case for a rugged, field ready flow verification device or transfer standard.
- Alternate STPs to simplify comparisons to other flow devices
- High accuracy calibration of +/-0.4% of reading + 0.2% of full scale
- Gas mixture calibrations or special gases
- Integrated totalizer for tests that require long term averaging
- Display of Mass Flow, Volumetric Flow, Pressure & Temperature
- Local Dynamic Display
- RS-232 I/O & Analog I/O
- 30 User selectable on board gas calibrations
- All Alicat MB series portable mass flow meter calibrations are NIST traceable.
- Variety of analog and digital communication options
Many of our customization features are compatible with our Portable Meters, including:
Portability and all of Alicat’s Standard Features
- 9VDC battery pack powered electronics
- Fully functional digital display
- Multiple parameter measurement: Mass flow, volumetric flow, temperature, and pressure
- Low pressure drop operation
- No warm up time
- Viton seals
- 8 pin mini din electronic connector
- Standard barrel type power connector
- RS-232 Multi-drop digital output
- Choice of 0-5Vdc or 1-5Vdc analog output
- 30 user selectable on-board gas calibrations
- 200:1 turndown ratio
- NPT process connections
- Can be ordered in any flow range between 0.5SCCM and 3000SLPM
- Lifetime warranty
Optional features and equipment
- High accuracy calibration
- Flow totalizer
- Locking 6 pin connector
- RS-485 digital output
- Secondary analog output
- Remote panel mount display
- Acrylic Mil-spec dielectric conformal coating
- EPDM seals
- NeSSI flow body
- Oxygen cleaned
- SAE process connections
- VCR, VCO style welded fittings
- 5VDC or open drain flow alarms (high or low)
- Bi-directional flow
- Additional calibration points
- Custom gas blends with up to 4 gases
- Custom mass based flow range
- Carbon Dioxide
- Carbon Monoxide
- Nitrous Oxide
- Sulfur Hexaflouride
Custom gas mixes with up to 4 of the listed gases can be created. Please contact Alicat to inquire about gas custom gas mixtures.
- 0.5SCCM to 50SCCM Full Scale
- 50+ SCCM to 20SLPM Full Scale
- 20+ SLPM to 250SLPM Full Scale
- 250+ SLPM to 3000SLPM Full Scale
- MB series mass flow meter
The drawing is for the battery portion only. Please add these dimensions to the appropriately ranged standard M series mass flow meter for full dimensions.
Alicat MB-Series Mass Flow Meters
Full-scale Range (200:1 turndown)
Drop at Full Scale
Mono. Display (-D)
|MB-0.5SCCM||0.0025-0.5 sccm||1.0 psi||10-32 (M-5)||$1,650.00|
|MB-1SCCM||0.005-1.0 sccm||1.0 psi||10-32 (M-5)||$1,650.00|
|MB-2SCCM||0.010-2.0 sccm||1.0 psi||10-32 (M-5)||$1,500.00|
|MB-5SCCM||0.025-5.0 sccm||1.0 psi||10-32 (M-5)||$1,500.00|
|MB-10SCCM||0.05-10.0 sccm||1.0 psi||10-32 (M-5)||$1,150.00|
|MB-20SCCM||0.10-20.0 sccm||1.0 psi||10-32 (M-5)||$1,150.00|
|MB-50SCCM||0.25-50.0 sccm||1.0 psi||10-32 (M-5)||$1,150.00|
|MB-100SCCM||0.5-100.0 sccm||1.0 psi||1/8" NPT(F)||$1,050.00|
|MB-200SCCM||1.0-200.0 sccm||1.0 psi||1/8" NPT(F)||$1,050.00|
|MB-500SCCM||2.5-500.0 sccm||1.0 psi||1/8" NPT(F)||$1,050.00|
|MB-1SLPM||0.005-1.0 slpm||1.0 psi||1/8" NPT(F)||$1,050.00|
|MB-2SLPM||0.010-2.0 slpm||1.0 psi||1/8" NPT(F)||$1,050.00|
|MB-5SLPM||0.025-5.0 slpm||1.0 psi||1/8" NPT(F)||$1,080.00|
|MB-10SLPM||0.05-10.0 slpm||1.0 psi||1/8" NPT(F)||$1,150.00|
|MB-20SLPM||0.10-20.0 slpm||1.0 psi||1/8" NPT(F)||$1,150.00|
|MB-50SLPM||0.25-50.0 slpm||2.0 psi||1/4" NPT(F)||$1,250.00|
|MB-100SLPM||0.5-100 slpm||2.5 psi||1/4" NPT(F)||$1,250.00|
|MB-250SLPM||1.0-200 slpm||2.1 psi||1/2" NPT(F)||$1,500.00|
|MB-500SLPM||2.5-500 slpm||4.0 psi||3/4" NPT(F)||$1,850.00|
|MB-1000SLPM||5-1000 slpm||6.0 psi||3/4" NPT(F)||$2,150.00|
|MB-1500SLPM||7.5-1500 slpm||9.0 psi||3/4" NPT(F)||$2,700.00|
|MB-2000SLPM||10-2000 slpm||5.0 psi||3/4" NPT(F)||$3,100.00|
|MB-3000SLPM||15-3000 slpm||7.1 psi||1-1/4" NPT(F)||$3,600.00|
|MB-4000SLPM||20-4000 slpm||5.0 psi||2" NPT(F)||$4,400.00|