Portable Flow Meters
A full featured mass flow meter that fits in your pocket
A rechargeable battery-powered instrument, Alicat’s MB series mass flow meter is the perfect instrument for verifying flow rates in places that are off the beaten path. With 18 hours of continuous operation on a single charge and +/-0.8% of reading accuracy, these handheld meters bring laboratory-class accuracy to field flow verification and validation applications in the environmental, manufacturing and metrology industries.
Instead of spending your time finding (or hard wiring) a power source, you can utilize our portable meter with gas selection and multiple parameter measurement features to:
- Verify proper operation of equipment, including other manufacturer’s mass flow meters and mass flow controllers.
- Maintain proper equipment settings as components within the system wear down.
- Search for leaks in the system utilizing the pressure reading or the flow reading.
- Install equipment and perform initial tuning and adjustments in the field.
- Perform periodic system checks for quality control and verification.
- A rechargeable battery powers one of Alicat’s M Series mass flow meters for 18 hours! A battery life remaining indicator alerts users to charge the battery. (MB units only)
- The MB series device displays mass flow & volumetric flow along with process temperature and pressure for 30 field selectable gases allowing the device to be used in a variety of applications and under a variety of conditions.
- The MB series device can also be powered with an 5V micro USB adapter allowing it to be used a backup device of to be hardwired into the a process relying on the battery as backup power.
- Battery power remaining indicator
- Auto switch between battery and hard power when hard power is present.
- Add Alicat’s Industrial Carrying Case for a rugged, field ready flow verification device or transfer standard.
Many of our customization features are compatible with our Portable Meters, including:
- Alternate STPs to simplify comparisons to other flow devices
- High accuracy calibration of +/-0.4% of reading + 0.2% of full scale
- Gas mixture calibrations or special gases
- Integrated totalizer for tests that require long term averaging
Portability and all of Alicat’s Standard Features
- Display of Mass Flow, Volumetric Flow, Pressure & Temperature
- Local Dynamic Display
- RS-232 I/O & Analog I/O
- 30 User selectable on board gas calibrations
- All Alicat MB series portable mass flow meter calibrations are NIST traceable.
- Variety of analog and digital communication options
- Rechargeable battery powered electronics
- Fully functional digital display
- Multiple parameter measurement: Mass flow, volumetric flow, temperature, and pressure
- Low pressure drop operation
- No warm up time
- Viton seals
- 8 pin mini din electronic connector
- Standard micro USB power connector
- RS-232 Multi-drop digital output
- Choice of 0-5Vdc or 1-5Vdc analog output
- 30 user selectable on-board gas calibrations
- 200:1 turndown ratio
- NPT process connections
- Can be ordered in any flow range between 0.5SCCM and 3000SLPM
- Lifetime warranty
Optional features and equipment
- High accuracy calibration
- Flow totalizer
- Locking 6 pin connector
- RS-485 digital output
- Secondary analog output
- Remote panel mount display
- Acrylic Mil-spec dielectric conformal coating
- EPDM seals
- NeSSI flow body
- Oxygen cleaned
- SAE process connections
- VCR, VCO style welded fittings
- 5VDC or open drain flow alarms (high or low)
- Bi-directional flow
- Additional calibration points
- Custom gas blends with up to 4 gases
- Custom mass based flow range
- Carbon Dioxide
- Carbon Monoxide
- Nitrous Oxide
- Sulfur Hexaflouride
Custom gas mixes with up to 4 of the listed gases can be created. Please contact Alicat to inquire about gas custom gas mixtures.
To build your quote right now, register for our online quoting system. Or call Alicat at 888-290-6060 to speak to an applications specialist. A real person will answer your call within 3 rings.
Alicat MB-Series Mass Flow Meters
Full-scale Range (200:1 turndown)
Drop at Full Scale
Mono. Display (-D)
|MB-0.5SCCM||0.0025-0.5 sccm||1.0 psi||10-32 (M-5)||$1,750.00|
|MB-1SCCM||0.005-1.0 sccm||1.0 psi||10-32 (M-5)||$1,750.00|
|MB-2SCCM||0.010-2.0 sccm||1.0 psi||10-32 (M-5)||$1,600.00|
|MB-5SCCM||0.025-5.0 sccm||1.0 psi||10-32 (M-5)||$1,600.00|
|MB-10SCCM||0.05-10.0 sccm||1.0 psi||10-32 (M-5)||$1,250.00|
|MB-20SCCM||0.10-20.0 sccm||1.0 psi||10-32 (M-5)||$1,250.00|
|MB-50SCCM||0.25-50.0 sccm||1.0 psi||10-32 (M-5)||$1,250.00|
|MB-100SCCM||0.5-100.0 sccm||1.0 psi||1/8" NPT(F)||$1,150.00|
|MB-200SCCM||1.0-200.0 sccm||1.0 psi||1/8" NPT(F)||$1,150.00|
|MB-500SCCM||2.5-500.0 sccm||1.0 psi||1/8" NPT(F)||$1,150.00|
|MB-1SLPM||0.005-1.0 slpm||1.0 psi||1/8" NPT(F)||$1,150.00|
|MB-2SLPM||0.010-2.0 slpm||1.0 psi||1/8" NPT(F)||$1,150.00|
|MB-5SLPM||0.025-5.0 slpm||1.0 psi||1/8" NPT(F)||$1,180.00|
|MB-10SLPM||0.05-10.0 slpm||1.0 psi||1/8" NPT(F)||$1,250.00|
|MB-20SLPM||0.10-20.0 slpm||1.0 psi||1/8" NPT(F)||$1,250.00|
|MB-50SLPM||0.25-50.0 slpm||2.0 psi||1/4" NPT(F)||$1,350.00|
|MB-100SLPM||0.5-100 slpm||2.5 psi||1/4" NPT(F)||$1,350.00|
|MB-250SLPM||1.0-200 slpm||2.1 psi||1/2" NPT(F)||$1,600.00|
|MB-500SLPM||2.5-500 slpm||4.0 psi||3/4" NPT(F)||$1,950.00|
|MB-1000SLPM||5-1000 slpm||6.0 psi||3/4" NPT(F)||$2,250.00|
|MB-1500SLPM||7.5-1500 slpm||9.0 psi||3/4" NPT(F)||$2,800.00|
|MB-2000SLPM||10-2000 slpm||5.0 psi||3/4" NPT(F)||$3,200.00|
|MB-3000SLPM||15-3000 slpm||7.1 psi||1-1/4" NPT(F)||$3,700.00|
|MB-4000SLPM||20-4000 slpm||5.0 psi||2" NPT(F)||$4,500.00|