Service return checklist
Please carefully follow the shipping instructions below to reduce shipping damage, delays, and the cost of your service order.
IMPORTANT! PLEASE DO NOT SEND ANY ACCESSORIES WITH YOUR SHIPMENT UNLESS THEY ARE RELATED TO THE REPAIR/PROBLEM.
- Please remove all connectors, fittings, and/or accessories from any returning units – we do not need your fittings, power supplies, cords, plumbing, user manuals, tools, test-stands, etc. to perform service work.
- We will not be held responsible for loss or damage to any accessories or fittings included in the shipment. The customer will be responsible for any return shipment costs of these accessories/fittings, if they become separated from the service order at our facility.
- Do not send back anything which has been exposed to nuclear, biological, or toxic chemical environments. If you have any doubts or concerns that the devices might contain residual contamination, please contact Alicat’s customer service dept. before sending your package.
- Properly pack your device(s) for shipping! Units which are individually bubble-wrapped and encased in foam or popcorn will be safe during transit.
- To help speed-up the return service process, please try to include a hard copy your new purchase order in the box (or any other payment information, especially if the costs have already been quoted). If this is not possible, we will contact you with an official RMA quote requesting payment.
- Please clearly write your RMA number on the mailing label or anywhere on outside of the shipping box – packages received without a valid RMA number may be seriously delayed or returned to sender (at sender’s expense).
SPECIAL NOTES FOR INTERNATIONAL SHIPMENTS:
- Commercial invoices must have a signature, date and title of the signee.
- Please clearly mark all commercial invoices and Air Waybills with the following statement: ‘GOODS OF USA ORIGIN, CERTIFIED TRUE AND CORRECT’
- Clearly select the options on the shipping documents or Air Waybill (AWB) that specify that the shipper (i.e. you) will pay all transportation costs, duties and taxes. Both the ‘shipping costs’ and ‘duties/taxes’ boxes must be checked on your shipping forms.
- All shipments coming back to Alicat for service, need to be sent using the Incoterm ‘DDP’ (Delivery Duty Paid).
- See our export page for necessary export codes.
- All shipments that get held up in customs due to incorrect documentation will be returned to the sender at the sender’s cost. If Alicat receives a bill from any customs agency these charges will be rebilled to the customer, with service fees added.
- Items being returned for service should be sent under the 9801.10.0000 tariff code and the attached paperwork should be filled out and sent with the shipment. This allows for the items to be processed as a temporary duty free (or minimal duty fees) shipment, as the item has previously been shipped and taxed.
Please ship packages to:
Alicat Scientific, Inc.
ATTN: RMA [enter your Service Order number here]
7641 N. Business Park Drive
Tucson, AZ 85743 USA