IVC-Series Integrated Vacuum Controllers
Fast-responding absolute pressure controller for vacuum control applications
Order Directly from Alicat
IVC-series integrated vacuum controllers are designed to rapidly control the pressure of pumped vacuum processes. They are available with inline or separately ported (isolated) vacuum sensors. They are usable from 0.01 Torr to 1000 Torr with our broadest range sensor.
Control the absolute pressure in your process chamber. The IVC-series controllers balance the amount of gas introduced into the process with the amount of gas pumped out by the vacuum system. IVC-series controllers integrate a variety of capacitance diaphragm gauges (CDG) for pressure measurement.
Sample calculations for upstream control:
Pressure to be maintained: 10 TorrA
Pumping speed of the vacuum pump: 2 liters per second
Flow rate required: Actual Pressure ÷ Standard Pressure × Pumping Speed = 10 TorrA ÷ 14.696 PSIA × 2 l/s = 0.013 × 2 l/s = 1.6 SLPM
When the device is connected upstream with a separate gas supply for pressure control, we do not have to deal with the expanded volumetric flows. A smaller control valve is used, which enhances control performance and also reduces potential leaks in the system.
Alicat’s IVC-series vacuum controllers are able to achieve and hold set points, even in the face of rapidly changing process conditions, such as uneven mass flows or temperatures. Alicat application engineers will assist you in the selection of appropriate valves and sensors to ensure your controller delivers fast and stable operation.
- Fast & Accurate. Very fast valves and PID control algorithms execute on a 1 millisecond control loop, with NIST-traceable accuracy.
- Connected. Easy integration with your industrial network protocol with:
- Alicat’s exclusive Multi-Drop RS-232 Serial
- RS-485 Serial
- Modbus RTU (over RS-232 or RS-485)
- Modbus TCP/IP
- Back-pressure control. Optional downstream valve positioning allows your IVC device to control the flow between your process chamber and vacuum pump. This option works especially well when you cannot install the controller upstream and need the same precise absolute pressure control.
Inline Pressure Sensing
Isolated Pressure Sensing Port