- Multi-drop breakout boxes
Multi-drop breakout boxes
Use BB3 and BB9 multi-drop breakout boxes to power and control up to nine Alicat flow or pressure instruments using a single power source and computer or PLC.
- Compatible with instruments that have 8-pin mini-DIN or 6-pin locking industrial connectors.
- Communicate with all devices digitally via a single USB or serial cable.
- Distribute power to all devices with a single power source.
- Multiple breakout boxes can be daisy-chained to control up to 26 instruments.
- Mount in any orientation using 3/16″ diameter mounting holes.
Breakout box options
- BB9-232: Connects up to (9) 8-pin RS-232 units, 9-pin serial port and USB to PC
- BB9-I-232: Connects up to (9) 6-pin industrial RS-232 units, 9-pin serial port and USB to PC
- BB3-232: Connects up to (3) 8-pin RS-232 units, 9-pin serial port and USB to PC
- BB3-I-232: Connects up to (3) 6-pin industrial RS-232 units, 9-pin serial port and USB to PC
- USB 2.0 (cable included)
- RS-232 9-pin serial port (cable included)
- Terminal block transmit and receive sockets (RX/TX)
Connected devices receive power from the breakout box’s common power bus. Power connected at any point in the system is distributed to all devices.
- Connect a PVPS24U power supply (not included) to the barrel-type power jack (max 1.5 amps) or to any instrument to distribute power to the rest (max 2 amps).
- Free wire power to the breakout box’s terminal block power and ground sockets (max 16 amps).
Breakout kit options
The BB3 Kit includes everything you need to connect up to three Alicat flow or pressure instruments to a single computer or PLC over a USB or serial connection. The BB3 Kit includes a universal power supply and three matching double-ended cables to connect up to three Alicats with standard 8-pin or 6-pin industrial connectors.
- BB3-232-KIT includes the BB3-232 breakout box, three 6-foot 8-pin mini-DIN cables for digital communications and power, and a universal power supply.
- BB3-I-232-KIT includes the BB3-I-232 breakout box, three 6-foot 6-pin locking industrial cables for digital communications and power, and a universal power supply.