How do we solve today’s big scientific questions? People with a love of science and a deep sense of curiosity are given building blocks and the room to be creative.
For flow and pressure solutions, Alicat Scientific has been manufacturing and servicing high quality mass flow and pressure devices since 1991. Each one is custom built to order.
Alicat’s team of sales applications managers configure each and every device for a specific application. We take part in rocket guidance systems, creating fuel from biomass, saving lives with oxygen delivery systems and much more.
A typical day will include: being upfront with customers, digging deep into a customer’s application to determine the best solution. Prepare quotes and follow up opportunities.
Sales applications managment is more than science. It’s helping exceptional people all over the world further science with great technical customer service.
We need a curious mind with a passion to accelerate scientific development. Our customers are as diverse as our team! We’re looking for someone with knowledge/interest in: physics, medical, aerospace, semiconductor technology, environmental analysis, education, process control, manufacturing, optical sciences, chemistry and/or fluid dynamics.
We require someone with:
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in science, engineering or mathematics
- Strong written and verbal German/French and English skills
- Experience in selling and supporting technical products and services
Nice to have:
- Experience in fluid control applications (Mass Flow Control, Pressure Control)
- Developing and managing sales accounts in technical and complex markets
- Ability to define trends across industries and plan business and strategic choices accordingly
- Exposure to customer journey maps – must be able to understand customer journeys, consumer behavior, including engagement with digital channel
- Basic understanding of the core digital technologies that underpin customer experiences (e.g. CRM, E-Commerce, Content Management)
- Experience and comfort in using analytical methods to create and execute sales strategy
- Experience in customer journey mapping, primary customer research, solution design, roadmap development, business case development
Alicat welcomes Trekkies, Potterheads, and any other fandom as well. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and welcome people of all gender identities, races, religions, sexual orientations, ages, and anything else that’s important to who you are. We believe diversity makes us stronger and creates an innovative environment where we can all thrive and look forward to coming into the office each day.
Top applicants will be asked to complete an online reading comprehension and mathematics assessment before interviews are given. Minimum scores on these assessments are a prerequisite for hiring.
To apply: please email a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org