Applications Engineer Europe
How do scientific questions get answered? How do new things get built? They always require people with a love of science or engineering who use building blocks to discover and create. Alicat Scientific has been manufacturing and servicing high-quality mass flow and pressure devices since 1991, and we have grown every year for over 20 years. Each instrument is a custom-made building block that might be employed in support of space rockets, hydrogen fuel cells, medical oxygen delivery systems, environmental monitoring stations, bioreactor and fermentation research, or anywhere precision gas instruments can advance science and industry.
At Alicat, speed is embedded throughout our organization, including the instrument’s speed of response, our speed of product development, and our speed of customer support. We don’t believe in hierarchy or power by title, prefer principles over rules, and believe if you make an impact, people will notice. Our informal environment celebrates differences, whether those differences are as big as our diverse backgrounds or as small as our opinions of movies.
What you will be doing?
- Technical and scientific inside sales contact
- Link between engineering and customers
- Troubleshooting over phone and email
- Digging deep into a customer’s application to determine the best solution
- Working close together with your colleagues from different departments in Europe and the US
Is this the right role for you?
Applications engineering is more than science. It’s helping exceptional people all over the world further science with great technical customer support. We need a curious mind with a passion to accelerate scientific development.
What you should bring:
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in science, engineering, or mathematics
- Strong written and verbal English skills (required)
- Fluency in German or French is a strong plus, Spanish is a plus
- Experience in a (inside) sales position is a plus
- Knowledge of or interest in fluid control applications (Mass Flow Control, Pressure Control) is a plus
- Knowledge/interest in: physics, medical, aerospace, semiconductor technology, environmental analysis, education, process control, manufacturing, optical sciences, bioprocess, chemistry and/or fluid dynamics (required)
- Team player, active listener, attentive learner, and receptive to training
What do we offer?
- A 32-40 hours per week position
- Possibility to start as soon as possible
- A competitive salary with benefits, such as a pension plan and company bonus
- Intensive on the job training including a 2-weeks stay at our headquarters in the US
- Ample opportunities for personal development and growth
- Possibility to take courses for future development
- Coffee, tea and fruit at the office
- 25 vacation days per year
- Flexible working hours and possibility to partially work from home
- Regular team building activities
- Location: Duiven (Bicylce distance to the city of Arnhem, Veluwezoom national park, recreation area Rhederlaag, and the German boarder region)
We are a small diverse team in Duiven, Netherlands, working closely together with our headquarters in Tucson in the US.
Star Wars Fridays are for Trekkies and other fandoms. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and welcome people of all gender identities, races, religions, sexual orientations, ages, and anything else that’s important to who you are. We believe diversity makes us stronger and creates an innovative environment where we can all thrive and look forward to coming into the office each day.
How to apply
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Types: Full time 32–40 hours
Salary: 2800-4000 € gross