How do scientific questions get answered? How do new things get built? They always require people with a love of science or engineering who use building blocks to discover and create. Alicat Scientific has been manufacturing and servicing high-quality mass flow and pressure devices since 1991, and we have grown every year for over 20 years. Each instrument is a custom-made building block that might be employed in support of space rockets, hydrogen fuel cells, medical oxygen delivery systems, environmental monitoring stations… or anywhere precision gas instruments can advance science and industry.
At Alicat, speed is embedded throughout our organization, including the instrument’s speed of response, our speed of product development, and our speed of customer support. We don’t believe in hierarchy or power by title, prefer principles over rules, and believe if you make an impact, people will notice. Our informal environment celebrates differences, whether those differences are as big as our diverse backgrounds or as small as our opinions of movies.
- Speaking with customers on the phone
- Troubleshooting over chat
- Entering service orders
- Digging deep into a customer’s application to determine the best solution
Is this the right role for you?
Applications engineering is more than science. It’s helping exceptional people all over the world further science with great technical customer service. We need a curious mind with a passion to accelerate scientific development.
We require someone with:
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in science, engineering, or mathematics
- Strong written and verbal English skills
- Experience in making customer phone calls is a plus
- Spanish and/or French fluency is a plus
- Knowledge/interest in: physics, medical, aerospace, semiconductor technology, environmental analysis, education, process control, manufacturing, optical sciences, chemistry. and/or fluid dynamics.
How to apply
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Top applicants will be asked to complete an online reading comprehension and mathematics assessment before interviews are given. Minimum scores on these assessments are a prerequisite for hiring.