CSA/ATEX certifications for hazardous environments
Our CSA Class 1 Division 2 (ATEX Class 1 Zone 2) certified devices are approved for use in environments where ignitable gases are present. The inherently low power consumption of Alicat instruments allows for monitoring of flow and pressure in hazardous environments without losing critical features like our multi-parameter display. CSA and ATEX-approved instruments feature locking industrial connectors for power and communications.
Compatible device configurations
- Compatible devices: All devices except EPC and EPCD pressure controllers, Whisper™ meters and controllers, BASIS™ mass flow controllers, portable meters, and CODA™ Coriolis controllers and meters.
- IP rating: IP40 (Note: For an IP40 rated ATEX/CSA unit to meet official requirements, it must be placed in an IP54 rated box). IP66- and IP67-rated devices are incompatible with the -X build at this time.
- Connectors: DB9, DB15, M12, industrial locking connector
- Communication protocols: Serial, analog, Modbus-RTU
- Displays: Remote and integrated backlit monochrome