Most Alicat instruments come with analog outputs; flow and pressure controllers also include analog input signals. Many instruments can carry a secondary analog output signal, which is entirely independent of the first. Analog signals are called out in the adder code portion of Alicat part numbers.
Available analog output signal types:
- 0-5 Vdc (default) for mass flow (5M), volumetric flow (5V), pressure (5P) or temperature (5T)
- 1-5 Vdc for mass flow (1M), volumetric flow (1V), pressure (1P) or temperature (1T)
- 0-10 Vdc for mass flow (10M), volumetric flow (10V), pressure (10P) or temperature (10T)
- 4-20 mA for mass flow (CM), volumetric flow (CV), pressure (CP) or temperature (CT)
Secondary analog outputs can be used to transmit data for the same flow parameter to a second receiver, or you can use it to send data for a second parameter altogether. It is not necessary for the secondary analog output signal type to agree with the primary output signal type (e.g., 0-5 volts). Secondary analog output signals are indicated with a “2” placed in the middle of the above adder codes (e.g., 52M, 12V, 102T or C2P).
Available analog input signal types:
- 0-5 Vdc (default) setpoint input (5IN)
- 1-5 Vdc setpoint input (1IN)
- 0-10 Vdc setpoint input (10IN)
- 4-20 mA setpoint input (CIN)