Senior Embedded Software Engineer
How do scientific questions get answered? How do new things get built? They always require people with a love of science or engineering who use building blocks to discover and create. Alicat Scientific has been manufacturing and servicing high quality mass flow and pressure devices since 1991, and we have grown every year for over 20 years. Each instrument is a custom made building block that might be employed in support of rockets, hydrogen fuel cells, medical oxygen delivery systems, environmental monitoring stations… or anywhere precision gas instruments can advance science and industry.
At Alicat, speed is embedded throughout our organization, including the instrument’s speed of response, our speed of product development, and our speed of customer support. We don’t believe in hierarchy or power by title, prefer principles over rules, and believe if you make an impact people will notice. Our informal environment celebrates differences, whether those differences are as big as our diverse backgrounds or as small as our opinions of movies.
We need an embedded software engineer with a curious mind and a passion to create scientific instruments… and do it fast (we already have one, but there’s more to do than he can possibly get done). Some pieces that will make for a good fit:
• Attention to detail is critical… we don’t want a customer to lose a lot of work because we overlooked something (losing a rocket would probably be considered bad).
• We must do a lot with a little processor, so the C programming language reigns supreme here… so the ability to program in C is going to be crucial to success.
• If you happen to have knowledge of a variety of protocols, such as DeviceNet, EtherCAT, EtherNet/IP, Modbus RTU, Modbus TCP, PROFIBUS, or PROFINET, we’d be interested in hearing about that.
• Familiarity with RTOS, real-time constraints and hardware interfaces (Ethernet, UART, SPI, I2C, CAN, Bluetooth, WiFi, etc.)
• Experience debugging embedded system software and hardware using tools such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and debuggers
• And there’s always a catch… here, it’s that you’ll need to work at Alicat’s headquarters in Tucson, AZ.
Don’t worry about being too old or too young… we’re more interested in what you can do than how long you’ve been doing it.