Experienced Purchaser Wanted!
Who you are
A bargain hunter who knows the value of quality. You know the importance (some would say art) of fine print and are not afraid to challenge it. You have no problem asking for the manager if you know it will lead you to the solution you need. You see negotiations as a dance and are not afraid to take the lead. You take the time to compare the pros and cons of every available cell phone before buying a new model. In the world of buying, you view shopping as the science and negotiations as the art!
Who We Are:
Speed and creativity fuels the core of our organization. We answer the call to design and manufacture custom flow controllers faster than our off-the-shelf competitors can pick up the phone. Alicat Scientific recruits only the most motivated and inventive persons to help build our tailor-made, versatile technology.
Alicat’s crack team, from the president to the machinist, collaborate daily to provide plug-and-play solutions to the problems of industry-leading companies, working with their top-tier engineers and scientists. We focus on the details so engineers can concentrate on saving lives with oxygen delivery systems, scientists can fine tune rocket guidance systems, and biologists can refine the biomass fuel production process…and much more.
What you will do:
The ideal candidate will have the moxie and vision to build upon and improve Alicat’s supply chain and ensure Alicat continues to meet the demand of our customers while providing excellent value. You will collect and review data to negotiate supplier agreements and find the best prices according to budget and quality requirements. You will evaluate suppliers on paper and in person to make sure they have the facilities, knowledge and experience required to excel as our partners. You will place and manage orders using Alicat’s ERP system to fulfill demand. Each order will present its own unique challenges that you will be expected to navigate using your judgement and experience.
The primary duties of a Purchaser are:
• Negotiate and manage purchasing agreements with suppliers.
• Communicate professionally with Alicat’s supply chain to maintain a professional and advantageous relationship.
• Research existing and potential suppliers and opportunities in order to ensure competitive pricing and terms.
• Monitor and update Alicat inventory levels.
• Expedite open orders, resolve late orders and reschedule recurring orders as needed.
• Place orders using Alicat’s ERP/MRP systems.
• Communicate with appropriate Alicat departments to ensure you have sufficient knowledge of required product.
• Fulfil internal purchase requests.
• Communicate inventory requirements and risks with operations, engineering and finance departments.
What you need:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• 5 years’ experience in a supply chain position or related field.
• Desire to work collaboratively with a team.
• Strong research and organizational skills.
• Ability to turn plans and ideas into actions and systems.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Strong time management and ability to commit to meeting schedules and goals.
• Familiarity with basic inventory software is a plus.
• Computer/internet literacy including basic Microsoft Office suite.
• Flexible schedule and ability to travel internationally.
• Experience working with ERP systems.
• Valid driver’s license.
Job Type: Full-time
Benefits and Compensation:
• Baseline salary is $17.00/hour for minimal/no experience. Prior experience, interesting skill sets, and demonstrated value can all lead to a higher starting wage!
• Health, Dental and Vision Insurance (Alicat pays half) – Stay Healthy
• Tuition reimbursement – Keep Learning
• 9 days PTO to start, which increases annually – Begin Adventures
• 401K with company matching up to 3% (& 2% potential bonus) – Retire Happy
• 4 weeks paid maternity/paternity leave – Nurture Children
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and welcome people of all gender identities, races, religions, sexual orientations, ages, and anything else that’s important to who you are. We believe diversity makes us stronger and creates an innovative environment where we can all thrive and look forward to coming into the office each day.
COVID-19 considerations: To help prevent the spread of COVID-19, we are following the CDC guidelines for essential personnel. Alicat requires face masks at all times (provided at every entry point), daily temperature checks, and proper hand washing with hand sanitizer stations throughout the building.
Interested in joining the team?
Send in your Resume and a Cover Letter to email@example.com.