Responsive and stable electronic pressure control
Alicat Scientific electronic pressure controllers provide responsive, stable control of absolute, gauge or differential pressures for flowing processes. Differential pressure controllers maintain the pressure differential between two points in a process using separate dead-ended pressure sense ports. The PC3 Series incorporates a remote sense port that allows a pressure signal to be sent from a point upstream or downstream of the controller.
Making You Faster
- 50-100 ms speed of response stills upstream fluctuations.
- Accessible PID valve tuning for best speed and stability.
- Custom valve orifice sizing yields full-range stability.
- PC3-series remote pressure sense port allows flexible controller placement.
- Configurable for backpressure control at time of order.
PC Standard Flowing Volume Series
Control responsively and stably with the fastest pressure controller in the world. View specs.
PCR High-Flow Series
Maintain pressure stability and accuracy at high flows (50-3000 slpm). Alicat is the world’s only manufacturer of near-frictionless rolamite valves for precise control of high-rate fluid flows. Proprietary orifice patterns enable us to customize a rolamite to satisfy your application and performance requirements. View specs.
PC3/PCR3 Remote Sense Port Series
Unlike the PC-Series controller, which controls pressure based on conditions inside the instrument, the PC3-Series controller incorporates a remote sense port that allows a pressure signal to be sent from a point upstream or downstream of the controller. The remote sense port allows users to control pressure in areas that are either hard to reach or in which pressure control equipment cannot be directly installed. This yields faster and more precise targeting of the pressure being controlled, without being affected by flow-induced pressure changes that may occur inside the controller. View specs.
PC-EXTSEN/PCR-EXTSEN External Sensor Series
Whereas the remote sense port of the PC3 Series uses the internal pressure sensor to read pressures far away, the PC-EXTSEN Series instead connects to an external pressure transducer via a dedicated connector and cable. The PC-EXTSEN does not have an internal pressure sensor of its own, instead relying upon the customer-supplied sensor to provide pressure readings. This series is especially useful for vacuum coating processes that employ vacuum gauges. View PC-EXTSEN operating bulletin.
PCS/PCRS Anti-Corrosive Series
Withstand corrosion caused by aggressive gases and liquids such as NH3, H2S and SiH4 with durable 316L stainless steel. Please consult Alicat to confirm compatibility with your corrosive fluids. View specs.
PCD/PCRD Dual-Valve Series for Closed Volumes
Control pressures in closed or dead-ended volumes without wasting costly gases through a continuous bleed valve. The PCD Series incorporates a second exhaust valve that actuates only when the pressure needs to be reduced. May be customized with a remote sense port (PCD3) or anti-corrosive construction (PCDS). Click here for more information about our Dual-Valve Series.
Common Instrument Options
- Choose from absolute, gauge or differential pressure control.
- Downstream valve, optimizes control for backpressure applications.
- CSA Class 1 Division 2 (ATEX Zone 2) Area Classification, permits operation in hazardous environments.
- Digital (RS-232) and analog I/O (0-5v, 1-5v, 0-10v, 4-20 mA).
- 9-pin or 15-pin D-sub connectors, configured to match any existing pinout.
- Modbus-RTU, available over RS-232 or RS-485. PROFIBUS also available.
- Backlit color display, shines in low lighting environments.
View other available instrument options here.
- Available instrument ranges (configured at time of order for any unit of measure):
- Gauge ranges (referenced to atmosphere): any full-scale range from 0-2 inH2O(G) to 0-500 psig. Negative ranges (-15 to 0 psig) also available. *PCS/PCRS ranges start at 0-1 psig.
- Absolute ranges (referenced to vacuum): any full-scale range from 0-15 psia to 0-500 psia. *PCS/PCRS ranges start at 0-30 psia.
- Differential ranges: any full-scale range from 0-2 inH2O(D) to 0-150 psid. Negative readings indicate an inverse pressure differential. *PCS/PCRS ranges available from 0-1 psid to 0-100 psid.
- Linear range: 0.5-100% of full scale, 200:1 turndown
- Accuracy (NIST-traceable): +/- 0.25% of the full-scale range
- Optional high-accuracy calibration of +/- 0.125% of the full-scale range
- Response time: 50 ms (most instruments) or 100 ms (PCR Series). *Actual pressure stabilization also depends on application setup.
- Display: 2.1″ monochrome LCD digital display with touch pad interface
- Optional 2.1″ backlit color TFT digital display with touch pad interface
- Maximum inlet pressure: 150 psig (differential pressure units only)
- Lifetime warranty: unaffected by bumps, humidity or changes in orientation
The Fastest Flow Controller Company in the World
How can Alicat claim to be the fastest flow controller company in the world? This video introduces you to some of the many ways that Alicat mass flow and pressure instruments can make you more efficient, saving you time and money.
Ask Alicat: How do you control pressure in a closed system?
Alicat Scientific demonstrates the best way to control pressure in a dead-ended or closed system. Using a dual-valve pressure controller can save you money over a conventional single-valve pressure controller plus bleed valve setup.
Ask Alicat: How fast is an Alicat mass flow controller?
Flow stability and accuracy depend on fast control response, and Alicat is the fastest. This video demonstrates 0 to 100% setpoint changes with settling times of less than 30 ms and control T/C of only 7.4 ms.
Alicat Turndown Ratio for Mass Flow
Alicat demonstrates an incredible 5000:1 turndown ratio, commanding a 5 slpm (5000 sccm) mass flow controller to control down to 1 sccm!
Ask Alicat: How tough is an Alicat flow meter? (Drop Test)
We drop an Alicat portable mass flow meter onto unforgiving concrete from increasing heights to test the toughness of this product. After each drop, we compare its measurement to the pre-test baseline.
Changing valve position on Alicat small valve mass flow and pressure controllers
In the Box
- Pressure controller (power supply sold separately)
- NIST-traceable calibration certificate
- Alicat operating manual
Filter Characterization Using Differential Pressure Control
Characterize a filter’s flow versus pressure drop curve by fixing the differential pressure across the filter using the pressure controller. The mass flow meter displays the resulting flow rate required to attain the pressure drop.
See the full app note here.
Vacuum Coating with Pressure Control
Use your favorite vacuum gauge with Alicat’s PC-EXTSEN pressure controller to maintain the ideal absolute pressure for vacuum deposition. The PC-EXTSEN stabilizes the overall chamber pressure as mass flow controllers introduce reactive gases into the vacuum coating chamber.
See the full app note here.
Faster Leak Testing
Establish stable pressure for the leak check by measuring pressure precisely at the device under test with Alicat’s PC3-series pressure controller with remote sense port. This method negates the pressure drop induced by the mass flow meter that is measuring the leak rate.
See the full app note here.