Responsive and stable electronic pressure control
Alicat Scientific electronic pressure controllers provide responsive, stable control of absolute, gauge or differential pressures for flowing processes. Differential pressure controllers maintain the pressure differential between two points in a process using separate dead-ended pressure sense ports. The PC3 Series incorporates a remote sense port that allows a pressure signal to be sent from a point upstream or downstream of the controller.
Brochure Specs Manual
Making You Faster
- 50-100 ms speed of response stills upstream fluctuations.
- Accessible PID valve tuning for best speed and stability.
- Custom valve orifice sizing yields full-range stability.
- PC3-series remote pressure sense port allows flexible controller placement.
- Configurable for backpressure control at time of order.
- Numerous user-selectable engineering units.
Have questions? Let us help.
PC Standard Flowing Volume Series
- Alicat PC-Series Part Numbers
- Alicat PCP-Series Part Numbers
- Alicat PCH-Series Part Numbers
Control responsively and stably with the fastest pressure controller in the world. Available for gauge and absolute pressures up to 2000 psi, or differential pressures up to 150 psid.
PCR High-Flow Series
- Alicat PCR-Series Part Numbers
Maintain pressure stability and accuracy at high flows (50-3000 slpm). Alicat is the world’s only manufacturer of near-frictionless rolamite valves for precise control of high-rate fluid flows. Proprietary orifice patterns enable us to customize a rolamite to satisfy your application and performance requirements. Available for gauge and absolute pressures up to 300 psi, or differential pressures up to 150 psid.
PC3/PCR3 Remote Sense Port Series
- Alicat PC3-Series Part Numbers
- Alicat PC3P-Series Part Numbers
- Alicat PC3H-Series Part Numbers
- Alicat PCR3-Series Part Numbers
Unlike the PC-Series controller, which controls pressure based on conditions inside the instrument, the PC3-Series controller incorporates a remote sense port that allows a pressure signal to be sent from a point upstream or downstream of the controller. The remote sense port allows users to control pressure in areas that are either hard to reach or in which pressure control equipment cannot be directly installed. This yields faster and more precise targeting of the pressure being controlled, without being affected by flow-induced pressure changes that may occur inside the controller. Available for gauge and absolute pressures up to 300 psi (PCR3) or 2000 psi (PC3), or differential pressures up to 150 psid.
PC-EXTSEN/PCR-EXTSEN External Sensor Series
- Alicat PC-EXTSEN Part Numbers
Whereas the remote sense port of the PC3 Series uses the internal pressure sensor to read pressures far away, the PC-EXTSEN Series instead connects to an external pressure transducer via a dedicated connector and cable. The PC-EXTSEN does not have an internal pressure sensor of its own, instead relying upon the customer-supplied sensor to provide pressure readings. This series is especially useful for vacuum coating processes that employ vacuum gauges.
PC Specs PC-EXTSEN Bulletin
PCS/PCRS Anti-Corrosive Series
- Alicat PCS-Series Part Numbers
- Alicat PCHS-Series Part Numbers
- Alicat PCRS-Series Part Numbers
- Alicat PC3S-Series Part Numbers
- Alicat PC3HS-Series Part Numbers
- Alicat PCR3S-Series Part Numbers
- Alicat PCS-EXTSEN Part Numbers
Withstand corrosion caused by aggressive gases and liquids such as NH3, H2S and SiH4 with durable 316L stainless steel. Please consult Alicat to confirm compatibility with your corrosive fluids. Available for gauge and absolute pressures up to 300 psi (PCRDS) or 500 psi (PCDS), or differential pressures up to 100 psid.
Common Instrument Options
- Downstream valve, optimizes control for backpressure applications.
- CSA Class 1 Division 2 (ATEX Zone 2) Area Classification, permits operation in hazardous environments.
- Digital (RS-232) and analog I/O (0-5v, 1-5v, 0-10v, 4-20 mA).
- 9-pin or 15-pin D-sub connectors, configured to match any existing pinout.
- Modbus-RTU, available over RS-232 or RS-485. PROFIBUS also available.
- Backlit color display, shines in low lighting environments.
View other available instrument options here.
PCD/PCRD Dual-Valve Series for Closed Volumes
Control pressures in closed or dead-ended volumes without wasting costly gases through a continuous bleed valve. The PCD Series incorporates a second exhaust valve that actuates only when the pressure needs to be reduced. May be customized with a remote sense port (PCD3) or anti-corrosive construction (PCDS).
Have questions? Let us help.
Use the form below, try our Online Chat, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call and talk to our expert apps engineers: Tel: 520-290-6060
- Standard accuracy (NIST-traceable): +/- 0.25% of the full-scale range
- Optional high-accuracy calibration: +/- 0.125% of the full-scale range
- Linear range: 0.5-100% of full scale, 200:1 turndown
- Standard response time constant: 50 ms
- High-flow response time constant: 100 ms (PCR/PCR3/PCRS)
- *Actual pressure stabilization time also depends upon application setup.
- Gauge ranges (referenced to atmosphere): any full-scale range from 0-2 inH2O(G) to 0-2000 psig (PC) or 0-300 psig (PCR). Negative ranges (-15 to 0 psig) also available. *PCS/PCRS ranges start at 0-1 psig.
- Absolute ranges (referenced to vacuum): any full-scale range from 0-15 psia to 0-2000 psia (PC) or 0-300 psia (PCR). *PCS/PCRS ranges start at 0-30 psia.
- Differential ranges (referenced to each other): any full-scale range from 0-2 inH2O(D) to 0-150 psid (PC/PCR). *PCS/PCRS ranges available from 0-1 psid to 0-100 psid. Negative readings indicate an inverse pressure differential.
- Maximum line pressure: 150 psig (differential pressure units only)
- Standard communications: RS-232 digital and 0-5 volt analog
- Optional analog communications: 1-5v, 0-10v, 4-20 mA; secondary outputs also available
- Optional communications protocols: RS-485, Modbus RTU (over RS-232 or RS-485), PROFIBUS
- Standard connector: 8-pin mini-DIN
- Optional connector: 9-pin or 15-pin D-sub connectors, configured to match any existing pinout
- Simultaneous real-time readings of setpoint and gauge, absolute or differential pressure
- Standard display: 2.1″ monochrome LCD digital display with touch pad interface
- Optional 2.1″ backlit color TFT digital display with touch pad interface
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Controller unaffected by bumps, humidity or changes in orientation
Ask Alicat: How do you control pressure in a closed system?
Alicat Scientific demonstrates the best way to control pressure in a dead-ended or closed system. Using a dual-valve pressure controller can save you money over a conventional single-valve pressure controller plus bleed valve setup.
The Fastest Flow Controller Company in the World
How can Alicat claim to be the fastest flow controller company in the world? This video introduces you to some of the many ways that Alicat mass flow and pressure instruments can make you more efficient, saving you time and money.
Ask Alicat: How fast is an Alicat mass flow controller?
Flow stability and accuracy depend on fast control response, and Alicat is the fastest. This video demonstrates 0 to 100% setpoint changes with settling times of less than 30 ms and control T/C of only 7.4 ms.
Ask Alicat: How tough is an Alicat flow meter? (Drop Test)
We drop an Alicat portable mass flow meter onto unforgiving concrete from increasing heights to test the toughness of this product. After each drop, we compare its measurement to the pre-test baseline.
In the Box
- Pressure controller (power supply sold separately)
- NIST-traceable calibration certificate
- Alicat operating manual
Filter Characterization Using Differential Pressure Control
Characterize a filter’s flow versus pressure drop curve by fixing the differential pressure across the filter using the pressure controller. The mass flow meter displays the resulting flow rate required to attain the pressure drop.
See the full app note here.
Vacuum Coating with Pressure Control
Use your favorite vacuum gauge with Alicat’s PC-EXTSEN pressure controller to maintain the ideal absolute pressure for vacuum deposition. The PC-EXTSEN stabilizes the overall chamber pressure as mass flow controllers introduce reactive gases into the vacuum coating chamber.
See the full app note here.
Faster Leak Testing
Establish stable pressure for the leak check by measuring pressure precisely at the device under test with Alicat’s PC3-series pressure controller with remote sense port. This method negates the pressure drop induced by the mass flow meter that is measuring the leak rate.
See the full app note here.