Accurate and repeatable liquid flow measurement
Alicat’s L-series liquid flow meters uses our patented laminar flow design to provide users with fast, accurate, and repeatable volumetric flow measurement for water or selected other liquids (see Quick Specs below). At the heart of Alicat’s L-Series liquid flow meters is an internally compensated, laminar differential pressure measurement technology that yields linear results over a wide flow range.
Brochure Specs Manual
Questions about liquid flow meters?
Making You Faster
- 20-ms speed of response enables precise measurement of changing flows.
- Simultaneous display of volumetric flow rate and line temperature.
- Easy to access front bleed ports for removal of trapped air.
- Included 100-psig sensor provides real-time readings of line pressure.
- No warm-up: ready to monitor process flows in one second.
- Numerous user-selectable engineering units.
L Liquid Flow Meters
- Alicat L-Series Part NumbersL-0.5CCM-D
- Alicat LB-Series Part NumbersLB-0.5CCM-D
Common Instrument Options
- In-line pressure sensor, provides simultaneous real-time readings of line pressure (up to 100 psig) in addition to flow and temperature readings.
- Flow totalizer, shows accumulated volumetric flow with display of elapsed time.
- 9-pin or 15-pin D-sub connectors, configured to match any existing pinout.
- Modbus-RTU, available over RS-232 or RS-485. PROFIBUS also available.
- Backlit color display, shines in low lighting environments.
View other available instrument options here.
M Gas Mass Flow Series
- Accuracy (NIST-traceable): +/- 2% of the full-scale range
- Typical flow reading response time constant: 20 ms
- Default liquid calibration: water
- Alternate liquid calibrations (must be requested at time of order): methanol, iso-propanol, ethanol, ammonia, dimethylether, iso-pentane, thiophene, iso-octane, heptane
- Liquid calibrations that require the pressure sensor option (must be requested at time of order): liquid propane, liquid butane
- Available ranges: any full-scale range from 0-0.5 ccm to 0-10 lpm
- Standard linear range: 2-100% of full scale, 50:1 turndown
- Maximum line pressure: 200 psig
- Pressure drop: 4-10 psi at full scale, depending upon flow range
- Standard communications: RS-232 digital and 0-5 volt analog
- Optional analog communications: 1-5v, 0-10v, 4-20 mA; secondary outputs also available
- Optional communications protocols: RS-485, Modbus RTU (over RS-232 or RS-485), PROFIBUS
- Standard connector: 8-pin mini-DIN
- Optional connector: 9-pin or 15-pin D-sub connectors, configured to match any existing pinout
- Simultaneous real-time readings of volumetric flow and temperature (pressure optional)
- Standard display: 2.1″ monochrome LCD digital display with touch pad interface
- Optional 2.1″ backlit color TFT digital display with touch pad interface
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Meter unaffected by bumps or changes in orientation
Ask Alicat: How do you dispense fluids in batches?
Alicat’s Precision Dispensing Package combines our optional integrated flow totalizer with fast valve control for batch processing on our flow controllers for gases and liquids. This video shows how easy it is to use, right from the touch panel display.
In the Box
- Liquid flow meter (power supply sold separately)
- NIST-traceable calibration certificate
- Alicat operating manual