Mass Flow Meters
Alicat mass flow meters can save customers up to 68% on yearly cost of ownership.
Alicat Scientific offers one of the lowest cost NIST traceable recalibrations on the market. As quality standards are now demanding that precision instruments be recalibrated once per year, or more, companies using Alicat mass flow meters realize significant cost savings in the first year alone.
The Alicat Scientific’s M series digital / analog mass flow meter was designed to meet and exceed the requirements that customers place on mass flow meters:
Alicat M series mass flow meters were designed to be used as a stand-alone device. With the native display, a user can easily change the configuration of the meter without the need for computers, complicated software or scripts.
Alicat M series mass flow meters can be configured with an accuracy spec of up to +/-(0.4% of reading + 0.2% of full scale) with a high-accuracy calibration. Standard calibrations are rated at +/-(0.8% of reading + 0.2% of full scale)
Reduced Cost of Ownership
Alicat M series flow meters require very little power to run thereby reducing operating costs. M series flow instruments also have less pressure drop when compared to similar flow devices. Reduced pressure drop means more process fluids go into your process and not into your measurement devices. The M series mass flow meters also measure pressure, temperature and volumetric flow in addition to mass flow which means fewer instruments you will have to buy and install. Adding a totalizer allows users to see how much media has flowed through the system, making it a great way to monitor usage and identify waste.
M series mass flow meters are available in any flow range from 0.5SCCM through 3000SLPM. They are equipped with multiple analog outputs in addition to the RS-232 digital output. The M series meter can also be orderd as a MB series 9V battery powered flow meter to make a stand alone secondary calibration standard or flow verification meter.
With a response time of under 10 milliseconds, Alicat mass flow meters respond more than twice as fast as your eye can blink.
The M series mass flow meter has a footprint of 2.38′X1.050′ through 5.2′X2.9′ making it easy to integrate into systems or to use as a stand-alone calibrator.
Alicat’s patented technology allows its mass flow meters to have very few moving parts. All of the internal components are fixed in place resulting in very little physical change inside the mass flow meter. Little physical change in the flow cavity means higher rates of consistency and repeatability. Alicat M series mass flow meters have a repeatability of +/-0.2% of FS
There are currently over 80,000 Alicat products in service around the world. Alicat mass flow meters are being used in processes like leak detection, flow monitoring and atmospheric testing.
All Alicat Scientific mass flow meter calibrations are NIST traceable.
- Fully functional digital display
- Multiple parameter measurement: Mass flow, volumetric flow, temperature, and pressure
- Low pressure drop operation
- No warm up time
- Viton seals
- 8 pin mini din electronic connector
- Standard barrel type power connector
- RS-232 Multi-drop digital output
- Choice of 0-5Vdc, 0-10Vdc, or 1-5Vdc analog output
- 30 user selectable on-board gas calibrations
- 200:1 turndown ratio
- NPT process connections
- Can be ordered in any flow range between 0.5SCCM and 3000SLPM
- Lifetime warranty
Optional features and equipment
- High accuracy calibration
- Flow totalizer
- Locking 6 pin, DB9 or DB15 connector
- ProfiBUS digital output
- RS-485 digital output
- 4-20mA analog output
- Secondary analog output
- Color backlit TFT display
- Remote panel mount display
- Remote panel mount color backlit TFT display
- Acrylic Mil-spec dielectric conformal coating
- EPDM seals
- NeSSI flow body
- Oxygen cleaned
- Remote electronic package for high temp environments
- SAE process connections
- VCR, VCO style welded fittings
- 5VDC, 12VDC, 24VDC, or open drain flow alarms (high or low)
- Bi-directional flow
- Additional calibration points
- Custom gas blends with up to 4 gases
- Custom mass based flow range
- Carbon Dioxide
- Carbon Monoxide
- Nitrous Oxide
- Sulfur Hexaflouride
Custom gas mixes with up to 4 of the listed gases can be created. Please contact Alicat to inquire about gas custom gas mixtures.